“Let’s Do Lunch!” is a sentence that you may hear quite often! It may be from your friends, family, coworkers, or others. For many people who choose to follow a healthy eating plan, those words sometimes shake them to their core. “What can I do? What will I eat? I want to go out to eat, but I want to be healthy too! Help!” The TRUTH is that you CAN still go out to lunch and enjoy yourself!
Here are some tips for you to help you stay aligned with The Intuition Diet™ during you outing!
- Contribute to the decision! Many times people say that their friends or family decide where they would all go. If you let everyone else make decisions for you regarding where you will eat, and if you are unhappy with its effects, it’s time to step up to the plate and contribute to the decision. That may mean a collective contribution from all parties involved. It may also mean that one person gets to pick a different place each week. Whatever the situation is, do your best to find a place that would work for all of your needs, where you can still go out and have a fun time!
- Make the best of it! If you really don’t have a choice where you are going you still have the choice whether or not to go. If you choose to go, make the best of it and utilize some of the tips below to help you.
- Consciously connect with your Wellness Vision. Make sure you take the time to connect to the Wellness Vision that you created for yourself. Reground yourself in what you really desire.
- Create a specific meal goal. Create a goal specific to this particular meal. Remember this meal goal will be in alignment with your wellness vision. You may choose to use the language that we talked about earlier. For example, asking yourself “what is best for me to eat today?” This language can support you with connecting to YOU which is the core of The Intuition Diet™.
- Plan ahead to the best of your ability. Before you go to the restaurant look up the menu online or think about the type of food they have at this restaurant. Plan what you will eat before getting there. This way you are grounded in your decision before even walking in the door. This can help you stay true to your decision and not get caught up in the moment or in the opinions of others.
- Put on a bracelet. Yes, put on a bracelet. A bracelet that represents your decision, or rather, your Wellness Vision. This bracelet can be like a personal coach for you to help remind you of what you really want which we know is your wellness vision.
- Ask a friend to help you stay committed to your goal! Talk with a friend or family member BEFORE going out and let them know exactly what you need from them to support you with staying true to your Wellness Vision and goal. Please be very specific with the action steps that you need them to take. If they don’t know, how can they help?
- Stay conscious. Beware! Many times people get caught up in the moment and buy into those other voices in their mind saying, “I can start my diet tomorrow,” or “Just for tonight this sounds good.” Remember, what you really want. Know that this isn’t about a strict diet at all, this is about your being true to yourself. If you really wanted that unhealthy meal then that would have been your goal at the beginning. And just an FYI that is possible. Sometimes people create a goal to be unhealthy. If it is planned out and not a reaction to the world around or within and it is something that aligns with your Wellness Vision then enjoy! For example, if someone’s Wellness Vision is to eat healthy 80% of the time and unhealthy 20% of the time, then that unhealthy meal that they plan to eat is already part of their Wellness Vision, therefore it is not out of integrity.
- Choose! Now it is time to order, remember to order what you planned to or something else comparable.
- Enjoy your meal! Enough said!
- Thank yourself. Send a big THANK YOU to yourself for being TRUE TO YOU!
- Celebrate you successes! Congratulations on being true to you! Now you can celebrate with a NON FOOD related celebration! For example, you can read a book you enjoy, walk outside, look in the mirror to congratulate yourself, and there are other ways too! There are lots of ways to celebrate successes! Just celebrate!
Healthy Lunch Recipes:
Salad Bar Party Time!
Greens (romaine, baby lettuces, spring mix, kale, spinach, bok choy, chard)
More Vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, celery, cabbage, fennel, peppers)
Root Vegetables (carrots, parsnips, radish, turnip, rutabaga)
For a little flavor (herbs, spices, onion, garlic, lemon, lime, sea vegetables like dulse, nori, kelp)
For a little sweet (if desired) (fruit like tomato, apple, pear, berries, raisons)
Healthy fat (nuts, seeds, oils like olive oil, macadamia nut oil, coconut oil, avocado)
Protein (legumes, eggs, poultry meat, fish) (use if needed based on daily dietary recommendations for you)
NOTE: for dressing you can mix a healthy oil with spices and herbs for a yummy treat!
- Pick a variety of the foods above (or others) aiming to get at least one item from each category with the exception of protein. For protein add to meal based on the daily dietary recommendations provided to you by your doctor.
- Mix in a bowl as you like and enjoy!
This is a fun and healthy activity to do in the work place!
Beans Beans Beans
White Kidney Beans (aka: cannellini beans)
Garlic (fresh or powered)
Sea Salt (pinch)
- Ensure your beans are soft and smash with a fork or you can put in a blender.
- Mix in all other ingredients to taste (with the exception of the parsley)
- Make sure it is smooth and mixed up well.
- Throw a little parsley on top and enjoy!
You can add or substitute other flavors or ingredients to this meal like yam, artichoke, cayenne pepper, curry, seaweed, and more!
This is a yummy protein topping for a salad! It can also be used as a dip with raw vegetables or seaweed.
Stew It Up With Brussels!
Mung Beans (sprouted recommended)
Coconut or Olive Oil
- Rinse your mung beans in water at least 2 times making sure to remove any stones or anything else necessary.
- Cook your mung beans in a pot of boiling water with all the other ingredients until mung beans are soft throughout. Usually about 10-20 minutes.
- Stir in your coconut oil
- Let cool.
- Once cool stir in your coconut aminos and enjoy!
You can pour this meal over rice, quinoa, spinach or other greens if you like.
I encourage you to use your creativity and intuition and try to add some additional yummy ingredients to this meal as desired. For example, you can add cayenne, ketchup or mustard for dipping, you could cook it with more greens too! When it comes to cooking it is fun to follow recipes but I encourage you to use your intuition too! What else would be nice to add to this dish? What ingredients can you add to this dish that will support your body even more? You can share your ideas!
Wishing you optimal health and peace,
This blog is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information I provide is designed for educational purposes and to enhance your health and well-being. It is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a licensed health care provider or intended as medical advice. You should not use this information as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always consult your professional healthcare providers before beginning any new treatment, and with any questions or concerns you might have regarding your condition.